The Cactus Forum Forum Index The Cactus Forum
Discuss all cactus topics: Cactus care, identifying your cactus, cactus stories, share your cactus photos, etc. Thank you in advance for being courteous and friendly to all!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NOTE: If you are signing up for the forum, please be thorough with filling out your profile to show you are a real human being. Thanks!
Those who are accepted have 48 hours to make their first post, or your profile will be deleted. These measures are to fight spam. -Cactus Lovers Management

Help Save a Cactus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cactus Forum Forum Index -> Cactus Care / Cactus Identification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenscactus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Help Save a Cactus Reply with quote

The cactus in question has grown high and slim. It has got to the height where it has bent over to the ground. I have tied it to a post but it is still leaning. Is there anything I can do to restore it's upright position?
tiltmonster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:23 am    Post subject: Reposition if you can? Reply with quote

Some species are prone to this, leaning over; much more than others. I think it is how they tend to propagate. Some fall over and make many new stems, from the fallen stem. I have a bristle brush cactus(common name), that was growing over towards the sun. It is now growing horizontal. My only suggestion; is to turn the pot if you can. If it is in the ground, perhaps replant with a sun exposure, opposite the tilt. I am still waiting to see, once Summer growing starts, and blooming is done; if mine will stand back up. Mine is in a pot. For some cactus, it is as natural as blooming. Hope this helps. Worth a try. Sometimes they will lean over, as they pup as well; but not that far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cactus Forum Forum Index -> Cactus Care / Cactus Identification All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: