The Cactus Forum Forum Index The Cactus Forum
Discuss all cactus topics: Cactus care, identifying your cactus, cactus stories, share your cactus photos, etc. Thank you in advance for being courteous and friendly to all!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NOTE: If you are signing up for the forum, please be thorough with filling out your profile to show you are a real human being. Thanks!
Those who are accepted have 48 hours to make their first post, or your profile will be deleted. These measures are to fight spam. -Cactus Lovers Management

500 cacti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cactus Forum Forum Index -> All Other Cactus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splendida

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: 500 cacti Reply with quote

Well as of today I reached my goal of 500 cacti in my gardens, I actually have 510. I mostly have ferocactus I tried to find all of the ones on this list I found on the internet, But mark From BB Cactus said some of those on that list are really hard to find. Here's what I ended up with, These are all Ferocatus- 5 alamosanus, 5 chrysacantus, 6 cylindraceus, 7 diguetii (my favorite) 4 eastwoodiae, 2 echidne, 4 emoryi, 2 flavovirens, 2 fordii, 2 glaucescens, 2 gracilis, 5 hamatacanthus, 12 herrerae, 3 histrix, 5 latispinus, 1 macrodiscus, 4 peninsulae, 10 pilosus, 7 pottsii, 5 santa- maria, 3 schwarzii, 3 townsendianus, 4 viridesvcens, and 12 wislizeni, 2 are the yellow thornd species. Well it was fun getting the 500, but I am going to take a break now and just watch them grow. Take care Guys Martin
Steve
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Martin! Very Happy

-Steve
LeeBeth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are your cacti growing in a bed outside? I wish I lived in Tucson, then I could grow cactus without moving them to dry windowsills, under eaves, on the porch. We live in one of the wettest areas in the US, the gulf coast of Alabama.

LeeBeth
trisha2327

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! congrats on your garden!
Tinyplant_Tinyjar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the collection. I like Ferocactus species as well. I have a little Ferocactus latispinus on my windowsill. It's cool to think that my little one has big brothers out west.
Splendida

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I have not been on this site in a while, 500 that was a while ago. I am at about 1300 cacti and agave's as of today 11-15-14. Still having a blast. Martin
Steve
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1300??? Oh my goodness, that's amazing. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cactus Forum Forum Index -> All Other Cactus Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: